Sunday, May 8, 2011

Grandmas have it best

Granddaughter Ruby invited me to attend her Mother's Day party and program at school. She presented me with the above notebook and flower pen. She also made me the tissue paper corsage for me to wear.

I love the sentiment on the notebook, "Grandmas are moms with lots of frosting." There was lots of frosting and we got to frost and decorate our own cupcakes, but the little program soon demonstrated the real meaning of that statement.

After singing us Mother's Day songs, each student told their mother one reason why they loved her. If their grandmother was present, they also told their grandmother one reason why they loved them.

The mothers heard:
I love my mother because she cleans the house.
I love my mother because she cooks good food.
I love my mother because she helps me clean my room.

The grandmothers heard:
I love my grandmother because she takes me shopping.
I love my grandmother because she does crafts with me.
I love my grandmother because she sews me new things almost every time we go for sleepovers.

Further proof that grandmas are all about lots of frosting!

I say that one of the best reasons for being a mother is that someday one will most likely also become a grandmother.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

1 comment:

lobunker said...

I am pretty ready for some frosting in life.