Saturday, May 28, 2011

Civil War Quilt blog

Yesterday I ran across a wonderful Blog. Barbara Brackman began the blog in January in honor of the sesquicentennial anniversary of the Civil War.

It is part Civil War history and part quilt block design. The author posts a different quilt block with directions each Saturday with a bit of history of a real person living during the Civil War which the block represents. She also includes links to historical sources. There will eventually be 52 different 8 inch blocks. I posted a picture of the block presented today.

I love the snippets of Civil War history. I also really like the quilt blocks. I soon found myself googling sources for fat quarters of Civil War reproduction fabrics. I also found this additional Blog with added tutorials for each block presented at Civil War Quilt.

No comments: