Sunday, August 1, 2010

Demigods


TJ has been feeling a bit left out of the "spend the night" action this summer. When he asked to come over he asked, "Can just Heather and I spend the night?"

If I were TJ, I'd want Heather around, too. That girl has some imagination. Glen pulled up "Percy Jackson and the Lightening Thief" on cable to watch with them on Friday evening. The next morning they woke up to swim with me but . . .

the backyard soon became Mt. Olympus and they were playing "demigods" instead of Heather and Ruby's usual "flower fairies."

Poseidon tight rope walked through water, Hades took over the fireplace, and they ran their own "Demigod Summer Camp." They even got out the encyclopedia and looked up Greek mythology to check out more god names and what they ruled.

It wasn't until today at church that I realized that I should have told them that that being part Greek god might be fun for a morning, but being a child of God with godlike attributes is best!

1 comment:

Cire said...

No worries - the topic of being spirit children of Heavenly Father came up in father's interviews today. I read some of Fablehaven today and now I understand them much better . . . thanks for helping their imaginations!