Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The treat mobile

Tonight was Stake Enrichment Meeting. I baked four pans of brownies while watching the inauguration festivities. I'm always amazed at the process of this transfer of power which occurs in such a peaceful and orderly way. In my lifetime I remember the inauguration days of Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon, Reagan, Carter, Bush 41, Clinton, Bush 43, and now Obama.

If you need a great brownie recipe which perfectly fills a 13 X 15 jelly roll pan, ask me for this one. Each pan was a little different. You have to keep them guessing. What are your guesses, clockwise starting with one o'clock?

My little red Matrix is a transporting machine. It can handle COSTCO. It was a book hauler in my elementary library days. Lately it has been mostly on catering type gigs.

Like moving doughnuts from Eric's kitchen to mine for Nate & Nichelle's wedding fiesta open house.

We left the fiesta banners up (I love the colors and shadows coming in my dining room window, especially when the wind is blowing) for Heather's birthday party on Sunday. I guess they can come down now as we are officially on birthday hiatus once again.

I love the concentration it takes to properly place the birthday candles. The little ones also demolished the other pinata left over from the wedding fiesta decor. It was a pretty fun party!

1 comment:

Nichelle Jensen said...

You're the treat machine I think. Matrix loads of brownies and doughnuts?! By the way I've been pressure cookin' like crazy. I love that oven/rice cooker/crock pot from the future! Thank you so much:)