Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Happy Birthday fairy house builder

Heather and her cousin, Ruby, have become fairy house builders extraordinaire. The best part of having my cottage style garden is the raw materials it provides for these architect-builders for all fairies. Heather not only builds fairy houses, she writes beautiful and descriptive stories which are also creatively illustrated. She embraces life and is willing to try most anything. She loves people and entertains everyone with her engaging and delightful conversations. But the thing which most delights her bibliophilic (I'm not sure this word should be turned into an adjective, but there you have it) grandmother is her great love of books. She is a reading machine. It has been a delight to share chapter books with a six now seven year old and have book talks.

I love this picture of your little five pound self. You looked just like some of my babies and you were my first granddaughter and I loved you immediately.

Happy Birthday Heather!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Those are both great shots of Heather. She's so photogenic. She's excited for her party at your house on Sunday!

Nichelle Jensen said...

Heather is so cute:) Happy late birthday Heather, I wish I already had your blog address to write in on your own blog. P.S. our late night post.. Nathan and I were both interneting while almost going to sleep fri night, but he beat me to falling asleep. So I just kept on writing.