Thursday, January 22, 2015

Soldier Hollow


This morning I headed up Provo Canyon to Heber City to help my daughter.  Her boys' new school includes skiing and she had volunteered to help on skiing day.  I committed to spend an hour or two with my granddaughter once a week while she skied.


On my ride back to Provo, I detoured by the boys' school because that is where all the winter time action is happening.


I wanted to see the ice castle in person.


I wanted to confirm that the snow machines were doing their part.


I wanted to check out the snow tubing slopes.


And there is the main (former Olympic venue) school building.


This was also the site for the Dirty Dash that I blogged about here.


This is where the cross country skiers like to ski.  Notice the Olympic banner on the left hand side of the picture.  Hard to believe that all that Olympic excitement was 15 years ago.


On the way back down the canyon to home, I just had to pull over and take a picture or two of the east side of Mt. Timpanogos.  That is Deer Creek Reservoir in the foreground.


I can't believe that all this beauty is just a half hour away.  Don't you just love the contrail in the blue, blue sky?

No comments: