Saturday, January 3, 2015

An end of the holidays birthday party


This morning Christmas was packed away and the house prepared for my husband's birthday party.  It's hard to have a birthday just after everyone has been celebrating for weeks and are now experiencing party fatigue.  This year I decided that he would have a real birthday party.  It would include things he loves best.

During the night when I couldn't sleep, I got up and took all the decorations off the tree.  Today I redecorated it with balloons and streamers.  There is even a picture of his young handsome face on top.
 

I brought out the birthday banner, "pick your own nose" paper cups, and mustache straws.


I put a bunch of his "grandkid" toys on the dining table turntable.  Pizza and salad was served to our guests.


He picked out his own ice cream cake from Dairy Queen (they are delicious, by the way) with a smiley face and colorful candles.  That is Opal's camera face :)


Everyone sang him happy birthday.


And then he blew out his candles with a tiny bit of help.


Then it was time for the traditional "birthday clap" led by Henry and Oscar all the way to 64!

But there was more.  A snowball fight in the living room, a laser light show in the family room, and an attempt to make cotton candy.  We may have a faulty part.  All in all, it was a great birthday celebration.

No comments: