Saturday, January 24, 2015

French General Heart


I love Valentine's Day.  I love red and red hearts, heart shaped sugar cookies, and Valentines (especially vintage looking ones.)  I was looking through a box of precuts for help with another project and came across three matching 2 1/2 inch  Candy packs of French General which I've had for years.  My brain said, "Count how many reds are in those packs."  There were enough to make a heart with a bit of sparkle here and there.  The lighter 2 1/2 inch squares made up the background.  I was short 24 squares but was able to cut those from leftover pieces of other French General fabrics I had.

 

I made 18 HST to create the heart shape.


 I used the 16 HST leftovers to make the corner border blocks.


All of the borders were made from fabrics I had on hand.  The wider red border was from a piece of FG Chateau Rouge that I had picked up to bind another quilt.  Now I will have to find another binding.


Chateau Rouge, thanks for inspiring me!


This wall hanging size quilt is 32 by 36 inches.


I had a piece of leftover batting but I bought some gray backing. I quilted it on my sewing machine.


I also bought a third yard of that cute tone on tone gray houndstooth fabric for the binding.  The finished project I then gifted to my daughter to decorate for Valentine's Day in her new old house.

No comments: