Saturday, October 25, 2014

What I've been working on



I have all four village borders finished for my "Penny Village" wall hanging.  Now I'm constructing the middle from these fun rectangles and square in a square blocks for the corner blocks in black and gold.  I've also been cutting out 48 pennies (circles) which will decorate the square in a square blocks and a matching black border between the village border and the busy middle.  Love, love working on a project will fall colors while it is also fall outside.  My goal is to have it finished by Nov. 1 which may be too ambitious.  All those pennies may take some time.


I also completed ten Lesson 9 blocks for my Farmer's Wife Revival quilt.  Just 20 more to go!
 

I took this picture at American Quilting.  My sister and I bought some fat quarters of this fabric some time ago.  She has been busy with new grandsons on opposite coasts so we haven't cut into it.  Maybe by next Halloween.  I just wanted to make sure I remembered how they highlighted the focus fabric.

No comments: