Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Autumn is now right outside the window


A little over a week ago, we were having daily thunder storms outside my kitchen window.


Today it looks like this, blue skies, beautiful color, and the temperature is 72 degrees.  Yes, today is pretty much my perfect kind of day.


A few days back. . .


and today.  Can you hear my heart singing?  I love this great big window looking east towards the mountains.


Last night I watched a beautiful moon rise over those mountains from my window.  We bought this place over a decade ago mostly because of the mountain views through the east facing windows.


This is what I made with what looks like my last big batch of cherry tomatoes.  It was delish and so easy.  Mix your favorite basil pesto with some cream cheese, spread it on crisped baguette rounds, sprinkle with a bit of grated Parmesan cheese, put under broiler for just a bit, then add one sliced in half cherry tomato and a sprinkle of fresh basil.  A taste tester called this bruschetta on steroids!


I have been making a special occasion dress for my grand daughter.  I am using satin.  Enough said. Finally, I couldn't take it anymore and sewed together my Saturday Sampler blocks.  Peppermints anyone?  I think I am going to love this Christmas quilt.  I took a picture of them with oranges.  Oranges and Christmas just go together.  Hubby picked these up from Costco and they came from Chile.  So there you have it, eating local as in off the balcony garden and not eating local like from orange trees a continent away.  We live in a pretty amazing world.

No comments: