I finished my final block for "The Night Before Christmas" quilt early. The plan was to do a block each month and to finish all 9 by the end of September. Done! Now to assemble the blocks and add the border. I have really enjoyed this project.
My sweet little grand daughter turns one soon. A year ago I was making bedding for her crib. This year I decided to make her a larger size quilt with the leftover fabrics. This took some planning. This is the label I made for the back of the quilt using yet again the leftovers from the new quilt.
I love the alphabet options on my new Bernina 750.
I did purchase this pink dot blender fabric for the background and the back. I purchased all that was left on the bolt. It was not enough so I had to get creative with the quilt back, but I made it work. This is the most piecing I have ever done on a back. It made me think - hard.
Here is the front.
I always pictured pinwheels for this leftovers quilt. I loosely followed an American Jane pattern. Those are 11 inch pinwheels. They alternate with a pink and a very light lavender pinwheel background.
I had just enough of this print for the border. The bright pinky purple background pinwheels ended up on the back. I also used it for the 1/2 inch stop border and it will also be the binding. I knew right away that pinky purple pinwheels would demand the show if on the front. I marked the top this morning and hope to do the machine quilting later today. The quilt is 62 inches square.
I also finished my Saturday Sampler square in a square blocks for September. Can't wait to see how they are finally used. I am also thrilled today to have all the windows open. The invigorating cool fall air is divine and the grass on the mountains is golden this morning. Life is good!