Monday, September 9, 2013

Current Sewing


These are my latest sewing projects.  Two more swoon blocks for a large quilt for these are large blocks.  I have also gone back to a bit of hand quilting on the frame in the background.  It can't be just a room accessory forever.  I hand quilted another handful of blocks.


I finished block number 8 of my "Night Before Christmas" quilt.  Just one more block to go and I can sew it all together.  My block 8 has more appliqued stars than the pattern.  That tiny gray star by mouse's hand covers a mistaken nick of the scissors.  I added other stars blend it all together.


I also hand appliqued a bunch of these blocks as part of the Saturday Sampler I am participating in at American Quilting.


This Saturday I will find out what the next step will be.  I've never done a program like this before with not knowing the ending from the beginning.  It is kind of exciting.  I also like the impetus to finish each month's blocks knowing that completed blocks mean no additional $5 fee. 

No comments: