Thursday, November 17, 2011

Birthday month

Over 1/4 of the birthdays of our extended family occur during the month of November.

Often we celebrate in pairs. TJ celebrates with Emelia if they are in the same town.

Toby and I usually celebrate together having birthdays just two days apart. Julianna is watching carefully preparing for her coming November birthday.

Toby blew out his candles. . .

and then Grandpa Glen led us in the birthday clapping, 7 for Toby and a lot more for me. Then it was time to open presents followed by homemade ice cream and cake. Toby chose a Tron cake. I made my Grandmother Nyborg's stove top chocolate pudding cake. May I say that it tastes especially delicious with homemade vanilla ice cream?

Both TJ and I were showered with presents. Thank you everyone! You are all so kind.

Glen let me do my own shopping. Last Utah trip he dropped me off at Broadbents in Lehi on his way to an appointment in Saratoga Springs. Broadbents is a delight. The store has meandered this way and that over the years and you can find a bit of everything in one of its many parts.

More recently they added a quilting shop in the north end. When Glen picked me up, I climbed into the car singing, "Happy birthday to me." I had purchased the last remaining quilt kit and pattern for "The Night Before Christmas" from Bunny Hill Designs. It will be my own block of the month after I finish "Aunt Grace's Flower Garden" in February.

I'm all caught up and waiting for the instructions to come for the next row!

Our other November birthday is this very day! Happy birthday to Henry who came to grandma's house in June but is now in Connecticut celebrating with his father's family. Henry, I'll make sure that Grandpa Glen calls you today to sing to you and to do the birthday clap!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Thanks for hosting the birthday bash. It was fun and your cake was delicious, even if it wasn't quite as colorful as Toby's Tron cake :) Happy Birthday!

Vagabond Mother said...

Aw, such a great group of people to have birthdays together!! Henry had a great day turning 4, missed you and dad! Love you