Saturday, February 13, 2010

A tale of two hospitals



Hospital #1
February 1, Enter ER at approximately 6:15pm with symptoms of heart attack (no baby aspirin offered). CT scan administered. Admitted to monitor heart and heart enzymes, both negative.
February 2, Discharged at approximately 6:30pm after waiting for seven hours for mystery doctor to make an appearance.
Diagnosis: "It's a mystery but I think you had food poisoning (even though I just barely made your acquaintance and did not see you while in pain and misery) and I recommend that you go home and throw away your peanut butter and honey."
Cost: More than you want to know. Let's just say that it cleared out our HSA account and BCBS of AZ chipped in over a grand, too.

Hospital #2
February 8, Enter ER at approximately 11:15am with symptoms of a heart attack (promptly given four baby aspirin). Staff seems seasoned, experienced, and helpful.
February 10, Discharged at approximately 11:30am by surgeon.
Diagnosis: Gallbladder stones and diseased gallbladder (which was removed on February 9 at 7:30am.)
Cost: I don't know yet, but worth every penny! However, I do feel that Hospital #1 should provide a refund towards Hospital #2 bill. I'm just saying!!

If you would like to know identities of Hospitals 1 & 2, just ask.

Thank you for the roses Janae and Andrew.
They continue to brighten my days.

To all of my children, Thank you! Your concern, visits, food, yummy soup, house cleaning, etc., have been so appreciated!

To my sisters and Glen, thanks for "watching my back."

3 comments:

larainydays said...

I am so glad you are feeling better. What a scary/painful thing to go through for so many days. (I hope you didn't waste all your peanut butter.)

Susan said...

It's weird because I've only heard positive things about Hospital #2 and negative things about Hospital #1. I'm just glad the docs finally got it right and that you're feeling better.

I'm also feeling tremendously guilty as I haven't offered food, house cleaning or flowers. And I'm adding to your stress by making you make dresses for my girls! What can we do for you??? Please, please let us know.

Love you!

Cire said...

Thanks for having (and surviving) surgery first so that we're not as afraid of it! Now the kids just think it is a normal thing to go and do . . .