Sunday, April 5, 2009

Hanging with the ladies

It has been a busy week, too busy for blogging. I rode back to Provo with Nate and Nichelle after their weekend visit on Monday. They patiently listened as I chatted away pointing out all the family history sites in southern Utah. Nate drove me to downtown Salt Lake City on Tuesday morning so that I might meet up with these ladies, my new partners in service. We attended Relief Society Auxiliary Training in the Tabernacle that afternoon. Then we enjoyed 24 hours of bonding together as we talked and ate and slept and visited some more while becoming true sisters in the gospel in downtown Salt Lake City.

April Wiezbowski - Education Counselor, Lisa Compton - President, Kellie Bowman - Enrichment Counselor, Laurel - Secretary

These are the women whom I will now serve with in the Relief Society Presidency of the Mesa East Stake.

A picture at our farewell luncheon at Sweet Cakes
Laurel, Linda Smith - President, Gail Evans - Education Counselor, Marsha Snow - Enrichment Counselor


I was called to take the place of a departing RS Stake secretary leaving to serve with her husband as missionaries at BYU-Idaho a little over a year ago. I grew to love serving with the women in the picture above. They were amazing women from whom I learned so much. They had already served together for four years, so I really couldn't expect to serve with them forever! But I truly mourned when I learned of their release. I was asked to remain. I feel like a foster child changing families. I am learning that the true blessing is that I will come to love additional sisters in the gospel.

I hope that you have enjoyed listening to General Conference as much as I have this weekend!

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

Mom, I can help you get rid of that comment. Call me. Sometimes I get those too.

I am so glad you have this calling. I think it is really fun for you, even if it gets busy.