Saturday, December 31, 2016

Fabric panel dolls


Every once in awhile I come upon a fabric panel for a doll that reminds me of my grandchildren.  This year it was Opal and I just had to sew it up for her for Christmas.


The fabric line was "Just Another Walk in the Woods" by Moda and the panel was 36 by 44 inches, so one yard of fabric.  Just a bag of polyester filling and we were ready to go.


I loved the cheater quilt panel with backing and the Home Sweet Home pillow.


And their little stuffed animals.


Now I knew that this was a lot of pieces for a four year old to carry about so I found myself back at the Cotton Shop looking for coordinating fabric from the line to make Opal a carry around bag.  A half yard of fabric and some stiff woven interfacing and the problem was solved.


Closeups of these two cute faces.


Isn't it so adorable how the fabric piece for the skirt gathers up and make such a lovely dress?  I added some lace around the bottom.


So there you have it, Opal's look alike Christmas gift.  I understand that there have been some tea parties at Opal's house.

No comments: