Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Provo City Center Temple update


When I delivered my Christmas cards to the post office I also took pictures of what is happening at the Provo City Center Temple.


They have wrapped the building for winter work but we have enjoyed a very warm December with highs in the 50's.  All that scaffolding is in place so they can reinforce every brick with new mortar made from the same recipe as the original mortar.


This may look like a yurt on the south side but it will be an enclosed viewing gazebo.  Enclosed because those waiting for the wedding party to exit the temple will have a warm place to do so during winter.


I took these photos from in front of the post office.  The chain link fence in the back parking lot has been replaced by a cement wall which limits my picture taking.

No comments: