Saturday, June 14, 2014

For the mamas and the papas


I like to give a little something to my sons, daughter, son-in-laws, and daughter-in-laws for Mother's and Father's Day because I think they are all doing such a great job parenting their children.  This year the moms were given a practical apron which I made using a Fat Quarter Shop tutorial.


I took my cute Lori Holt Bake Shop fabric to K-Mart and found all of these great colored hand towels that coordinated with the fabric.


The ties were made from coordinating fabric.  Each apron had pockets, so I added a silicon spatula.  The aprons are late, but better late than not at all, right?


The dads received their "Grandma Nyborg" baby quilts.


My grandma hand pieced and quilted a smaller size quilt for each of them when they were born.  My oldest son's is on the bottom and we used it and used it.  The second son received the green and red one.  I loved it so much, I put it on the wall in my living/dining room.  He never slept with it.  By the third son, I had decided that rather than wear them out, we would just store them in the linen closet.  I knew that it was time to clean out the linen closet and give them all their quilts.


My youngest son came after Grandma Rhoda left us.  I made theat top primary colors quilt for him and it was used.  His Aunt Wylene made him the baby blanket with prairie points and the matching diaper bag so I passed that on to him as well.

I also gave the dads picture books to read to their children because I think it is really important that fathers (and mothers) read to their children.  I found a great books for daughters and sons to share with their dads.  Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

Susan said...

You're one of the most thoughtful gift givers I know, Laurel. Thank you for these wonderful treasures!