Monday, October 17, 2011

September Civil War Quilt Blocks

38 Ohio Star

I picked up some more fat quarters while in Utah, the tone on tone brown and the tan. I visited American Quilting in Orem for the first time this visit. It will become a regular stop. I really enjoyed making this block.

39 Hovering Hawks

This block was a challenge. There was some picking out and starting over. I had to be really careful to repeatedly lay the components out so that the fabric designs all went the right way. All of these fabrics were already in my stash selected for this anniversary quilt.

Click on the block name to go to Barbara Brackman's Civil War Quilts blog to find the story and directions for each block in this year long series.

I've also been working on the first two October blocks. It involves applique. At least I'm making both blocks be about applique. I'll share soon.

No comments: