Friday, March 4, 2011

Gardening not blogging

The first four days of March have been glorious! I've spent a couple of hours each day out in the garden.

All the strawberry plants are in bloom.

The side yard flower bed is full of color.

The night blooming chocolate flower at the end of the bed smells so luscious!

And so does the Texas Mountain Laurel! If you have a hankering for a whiff of grape bubble gum or milk chocolate, come on by and sniff.

The pots by the lamp post out front are bursting with blooms.

The ranuncula bulbs I planted last fall are starting to bloom.

Who needs forsythia when they have this desert plant. (That's my car in the background.)

This may be rewarding bad behavior, but after cleaning up my tomato plants I set out a snack bar for the birds. Let them finish what they started! Glen brought me home $20 worth of netting in an attempt to reap the rewards of my labors!

I felt a bit like Benjamin Bunny today. The buttons on my Thomas Jefferson gardening shirt kept getting caught in the netting. This shirt, purchased in the Monticello gift shop at Monticello, is my gardening talisman. It's sewn from a pattern used by Jefferson for the work shirts of his gardeners.

2 comments:

laraine@eddfam.com said...

Thomas would be proud of your beautiful flowers. I'm going to come by soon and inhale.

Christine said...

Such a cute blog! I adore it!