Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Baby weekend

The mommies went to Vegas for a weekend with Grandma Christy so I watched babies when daddies had to work. I never had them at the same time. I think that my sons felt that I would be overwhelmed with two babies.

While the pretty mommas (and best friends since high school) drove northwest to Las Vegas Oscar and I drove up and down his street. He is a very good driver and occasionally toots his own horn. He loves being eye level with the plants in his low rider.

While he napped I just had to get a shot of what is happening in his own backyard.

The peach tree is in bloom. Sooo pink!

The next day Mabel came to stay at grandma's house for awhile. She is such a sweet girl with her magical voice and ready smile.

See how she smiles even though Grandma Laurel is putting her down for a nap.

And here is the treasure in my own backyard. When I picked up the Saturday mail during Mae's nap, there was a new Napa Style catalog in my mailbox.

This is what graced the cover. An Eastern European tub with stand which can be yours for only $299 plus a $30 surcharge for shipping.


Thanks to Boyd Brady for bringing back containers from Eastern Europe full of goodies for his antique sales. I can't remember how much I paid but perhaps a 20th of the one from Napa Style.

I've found mine to be a great place to grow onions, shallots, and chives. That spout on the side provides great drainage.

When Mabel woke up, she helped me plant my basil. I'm a blessed grandma!

2 comments:

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Thank you so much for helping out. we really are blessed to have such great parents!

Nichelle said...

Oscar loves his grandma! Thanks so much for taking good care of him, he looks so happy.