Thursday, December 23, 2010

A few of my favorite things. . .

Oscar playing "jingle bells"

I enjoy decorating for Christmas. I might even decorate too much for Christmas. Here are a few things which are making me happy this year.

My nativity wall hanging lovingly made by my sister, Lynette.

My newest nativity given to me for my birthday by my hubby. The grand girls counted and say I have over 40! Who knew. I like to keep the living room Christ centered.

Son Nathan brought this one home for me when he returned from his mission to Brazil.

Son David brought this one home from a mission to Peru.

Grandpa Glen bought the kissing crystal at a former neighbor's shop in Gardner Village in Midvale, Utah this year. Grand girls love it!

The family room is our Santa space (and the kitchen table is currently full of a Santa helper project.)

There is also a Santa collection. That is the top of my stocking created by my mother in the 1950's.

All the many interpretations of Santa make me smile.

Closeups of the Christmas village created and given to us by Glen's parents 33 years ago.

Still one of my most favorite things.

I always decorate a garland over the bay window in the dining area.

This year I'm honoring my Scandinavian heritage. I so hope that there are little things making you happy this Christmas season.

2 comments:

Laraine said...

Your home is always warm,inviting and comfortable, and your decorations just add to that.

Vagabond Mother said...

Now I'm homesick. . . I love that Christmas village.