Thursday, April 8, 2010

Oh, what a beautiful morning. . .

Glen walked back into the house at 6:30 this morning and announced, "It really is a most beautiful morning." I found some shoes and headed on out with my camera. This time of year in Arizona is really the most spectacular time in our garden.

The rose arbor has become what I first dreamed it could be. Those beautiful red roses also smell so good!

The petunias planted last October in the window box are enjoying the extra sun.

The hollyhocks are beginning to bloom.

The English mallow has been blooming for some time now.

I then headed out back. The lavender smells amazing. I just planted a bunch of blue pots in every variety of lavender that I could find. I'll share a picture later when they are all blooming.

I loved the colors on these violas. I put a few about the place and then went back for more. I guess others loved them, too, for there were no more to be found.

The trumpet vines are also in flower.

This one is climbing up the palm tree. Way, way up the neighbor's palm tree.

Glen's bougainvillea is spectacular.

He has fuchsia blooming in the greenhouse.


And my late start garden is coming along. I hope the 90's stay away for quite sometime. I heard that New York City hit 90 yesterday. They can have it!

Strawberries anyone?

I planted geraniums all along the back pool wall last October. We have enjoyed all the vibrant color.

A couple of weeks ago when we were driving back into the Valley of Sun after a trip to Utah, my nose was sooooo happy! The best part about being in Arizona in late March and April (along with the possibility of desert wildflowers) is the smell of all the citrus trees blooming. As we sped along the 202 towards home, I put my window down and inhaled over and over again.

Ah, home!!

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

Everything looks so healthy right now!! It is a good time of year for your garden. Hopefully things stay cool for awhile longer.