Thursday, April 22, 2010

Garden salad

I am mostly sharing this photo with you because looking at Nichelle's car makes me feel sad and irritated, not just for myself but for N & N, too.

This salad is made up veggies, ALL of which are from my garden. This is a bit trickier than it appears. You are looking at the first cucumber of the season which has finally arrived to join the cherry tomatoes which have been available a handful at a time for weeks. Usually I don't have lettuce by the end of April (having gone to seed), but this year I replanted in March just to see how it would go. Viola, a complete "from the garden" salad!

Now I'm hoping for enough tomatoes to make salsa before the cilantro goes to seed. See, it really is tricky coordinating timing and praying for cooperating weather!

2 comments:

larainydays said...

Yum! Gorgeous and delicious.

Vagabond Mother said...

I need to replant my lettuce. I also need to eat that salad.