Thursday, June 18, 2009

Red hot chili peppers

This year the Anaheim chili peppers that I planted last September have been very happy. Last season they were full of bugs which I think tagged along from the nursery and ended up in the trash. This season, once they got more Spring sunshine, they have exploded. I decided to let a bunch turn red on the vine so that I could make a chili ristra. A month or so ago, I roasted a cookie sheet full of green ones which were very yummy. Those six plants really have been prolific.

I didn't sew mine together. I used red crochet thread to kind of slip knot and tie them together with a slip knotted loop at the top for hanging.

Because I love all things RED, I am very happy.

1 comment:

j said...

Laurel those peppers are beautiful!! But you know what when I first read your post I was thinking you are all into rock music now lololol RED HOT CHILI PEPERS or Slip Knot. i'm just kidding. And plus I'm very happy you are fortunate to get fresh things at your backyard on your favorite color. And uhm by the way, HAPPY VALLEY is in Phoenix. I made quite a trip last tuesday for the coxinhas.But it was so good!!!