Friday, June 19, 2009

Eric's First Birthday Card

Upon Eric's birth, this was the first card which he received. It was a card created by his newly made Ostler aunts and uncle. I think they thought they were pretty funny and I must admit that it has its own charm. I've been sorting through stuff all week and came across this over 30 year old masterpiece (I won't reveal his real age but the card includes a clue :) and since the tape holding together its accordion shaped self had disintegrated over time, it was easy to scan. I thought it was perfect to share on his birthday!

I also came across some pictures returned to us from Glen's mother's photo albums. They are very faded, but I wanted to share.


Our own "American Gothic" on Eric's blessing day, July 4th.

Eric was fortunate enough to have five generations attend his blessing in the Provo. Glen shares his first born son with Eric's great, great grandma Smith.

Shortly after birth, he attended his first Jensen family reunion at Murray Park. So cute!

This is my favorite picture of Eric during his first week of life and one that his father shot on an outing to Cascade Springs. Since I was a first time mom, I took pride in the fact that I was bouncing back fast and maybe I was. I also remember attending church a week after his birth.

There is nothing quite like having your first baby. New babies help one define what is really important in life. My mother used to tell me she was sorry that I had to be the one who was her first child as she parented through so many experiences for the first time. Thank you for letting us practice on you Eric. Your father and mother love you very much and wish you all the best on your special day!

Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Susan said...

That card is hilarious! I love it. Love the baby pictures, too. I think you guys did a pretty good job "practicing" on him - he's one of the most responsible, intelligent, hard-working men I know.

Cire said...

Cool card, weird to think how much everyone has changed (including me)!

Thanks for the wishes and post and most of all thanks for birthing me and practicing so well!

I had to look up American Gothic - guess I'm the pitchfork!?! :)