Sunday, October 19, 2008

For Lowell - pomegranate pictures



Dear Lowell,
Thank you for the pomegranate tree seedling you brought home from Bunkerville many moons ago. As you can see, it has turned into quite the little producer. It also elicits questions from passerbys. Glen is very connected to this tree. He trims it so it arches over the gate to the backyard. Lately we've been getting "bonked" on the head as the pomegranates get heavier and heavier. It's a good "bonk." I just wanted to share.
Laurel

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lowell will love seeing these pictures as well as he enjoyed eating the pomegranate I brought home for him--it did ripen off the vine and was sweet delight for his palate.

Vagabond Mother said...

I'm loving those pomegranates! Can we have one? I took a picture too, in August. I love your yard.

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Laurel. I'm very happy to see the productivity that has come off this one little plant - which also says a lot for the care it has been given. And to confirm what Lynette said, the pomegranate you sent with her was deeeeeelicious. A wonderful touch to a beautiful harvest season. Thanks for sending it with her.

Lowell

Vagabond Mother said...

Hey Mom. . . do you think I could have that link to Gayla's daughter-in-law's blog?