Thursday, February 7, 2008

Tidbits from my week

I have finally finished and delivered the 1200 invitations for our stake enrichment meeting on March 1st, so time to share a few tidbits from the week. As you can see, Ryan and Emilia have added to their family. I didn't know this, but apparently something that they have in common is a love for "jeeps." Emilia finally received her "right to work" card a couple of weeks ago, then promptly went out and found two part-time jobs as an assistant to two different physical therapists. I'm sure that they were thrilled to get a trained physical therapist for the price of an assistant. She is just happy to have some work in her field. She now works somewhere everyday of the week, thus the need for a second car, and the finding of a very well priced Jeep Wagoneer fulfilled their "jeep" dream. Congratulations to Emilia for finally getting her card!

This is the oh, so hopeful Mitt yard sign before Super Tuesday. Just look at those sprightly, hopeful Icelandic poppies.

I just added a yellow ribbon a few minutes ago now that Mitt has dropped out from the race. It has been quite a ride and so interesting to watch as it all played out. We wish Mitt and his family the best, and I guess the yellow ribbon demonstrates hope for the future. McCain did not win everywhere in Arizona. The 6th Congressional District, where I live, gave more votes to Mitt.

Any suggestions for the best way to remove a bumper sticker placed on the center back of your car by your husband - right on the paint job. Keep in mind, it's been there for a year including six months of Arizona heat!

4 comments:

Cire said...

Instead of taking the bumper sticker off you could just place this one on top of it:
http://www.cafepress.com/buy/bumper-stickers/-/pv_design_prod/id_20658633/p_storeid.148939810/pNo_148939810

Cire said...

or this one: http://www.bumpertalk.com/bumpertalk/BC101A.html

or this one:
http://www.amazon.com/Annoy-Liberal-happy-bumper-sticker/dp/B000FBNATW

Laurel said...

I appreciate your taking time from your busy day to bumper sticker shop for me. However, for my whole life I have been an anti-bumper sticker kind of girl. That is why this year has been a true sacrifice in behalf of Mitt on my part.

Vagabond Mother said...

it looks so warm there! Maybe mitt will be vp and you can keep it on there? Well, being unable to walk makes me realize how much I do! Hopefully this sprain heals fast! We have help for tomorrow and then it is the weekend. I also have to go to the dentist tomorrow because my root canal is smarting. I am a wreck, my campaign is over too. Ryan's jeep looks nice!