Monday, January 30, 2017

Laura's Dress from Little House on the Prairie fabric


Last summer I sewed Little House on the Prairie clothes for my granddaughters.  Pictures here.


This month I came across a great pattern for the "Laura Dress" that was written for  their American Girl dolls which are 18 inch dolls.


I had enough left over fabric from the two youngest granddaughters outfits to make them each a a set of clothes from the pattern.


Each will get a sunbonnet, Laura dress, and pinafore.


I had to change them up with the girls' dress fabric being used for the pinafore and the girls' pinafore fabric for the dress as the pinafores used less fabric than the dresses when I cut the girls' out last summer.


I was able to cut the sunbonnets from a fat quarter of additional Little House on the Prairie fabrics by Andover.


Luckily I had a little box full of different colors of very small buttons.


Years ago I purchased my own American Girl doll.  I always stated that if I were a girl when these dolls came out, Kirsten would be the one for me.  So I bought me one about 15 years ago and she is my ever faithful model and dress form.


This is the Laura Dress pattern by Avery Lane.


It worked well.  My only issue was that the waist strip was a bit short for my doll's waist.  Next time (if there is a next time) I will measure the waist of the doll before proceeding.

No comments: