Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Grandma, you can sew pictures



I have been participating in the Fat Quarter Shop sponsored Snapshots Sew Along during 2015.  Each month on the 15th day a new pattern is released.  Those using the patterns are encouraged to donate to Saint Jude's Children's Hospital.


I loved these big blocks of snapshots so quickly joined in.  January was a fancy cake and February a sewing machine.


By March, I began to take individual snapshots of my "snapshots."


Once this puppy landed on my bulletin board, my five year old grandson was on board.  During a sleepover at breakfast he suddenly exclaimed, "Grandma, you can sew pictures!"


He was right, I was sewing pictures and I loved the way they brightened up my sewing area.


April found me sewing an apron with April Showers fabric from Bonnie and Camille forming the outside ruffle.  The original Snapshots Quilt was created from their fabric line Sail Away.  I decided to make my snapshots from my leftovers of all my Bonnie and Camille fabrics.


And now there were five,


June brought us an ice cream sundae.


 And there were six and the bulletin board was full!


So I started over with a hot air balloon for July.


A fat tired bicycle in August.


And much to my grandson's surprise, a black cat modeled after his cat Scratch in September.  This has been a fun project.  Just three more to go!

No comments: