Sunday, April 12, 2015

Spring in Salt Lake City



Last Monday, Glen and I drove back from our week in Arizona.  On Tuesday, Glen had a business appointment in Salt Lake City.  He invited me to go along, perhaps so that he might use the HOV lane.  I consented, even though I had just spent 10 continuous hours in the car the day before, because I knew I could go see the tulips at Temple Square and work in a visit to my Salt Lake grandson.


If ever you find yourself in Salt Lake City in April, a visit to see the tulips in all their downtown glory is a must.


I made a very fast tulip walk on my own as Glen found a quiet side street to park his car and continue business.  His miss!


I thought I would edit out a few pictures but once I uploaded them, found that to be impossible.


It was a cloudy day which in some ways seemed to intensify the color.


I am so thankful for faithful gardeners and volunteers who make this beauty possible.





I loved the gray tones provided by the clouds which did portent moisture and even snow falling the next day.

 

As I made my way back to the car, I found myself crossing the street right by Brigham Young Park.


I entered for a moment and found this delicious mix of white tree blossoms and bright red tulips.





Magical and lovely, right next to the traffic streaming by.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Wow! All that color is amazing and gorgeous. Thanks for sharing :)