Monday, July 25, 2011

Her first quilt block

Nichelle cut and sewed together her first quilt block last week. She is a quick study and has been busy making more. She is using the scraps left over from Sally's Etsy Store projects.

I, however, did not sew any quilt blocks the last two weeks. That doesn't mean I haven't been sewing. I made this doll outfit from other fabric scraps from Sally's fabrics.

I made a sweet little summer dress for a doll.


It was made to resemble the birthday dress that I made for Ruby.

I, too, found fabric in Sally's stash, a nice two yard piece that looked just right for Ruby. I found the pattern in Australian Smocking & Embroidery magazine, Issue 91. This dress had a more contemporary feel with just a bit of smocking. I didn't do the bubble hemline partly because Ruby wanted the dress to be longer and because I only had two yards of fabric.

I found the perfect buttons at JoAnn's.

Ahhhh! a birthday girl and her doll.

All the dolls and their owners made their way to grandma's house for a sleepover last Friday. Little did the dolls know that they were to be placed in an orphanage with imaginative caregivers.

We all stayed up late enjoying one an other's company, so I was surprised when I woke up early and found Heather outside. She was reading of course!


This was my other sewing project.

I used the Kirsten nightgown pattern from the original American Girl Sewing Patterns which are no longer available for purchase. (For that matter, neither is Kirsten!)

Lynette and I had purchased some of the pattern sets almost 20 years ago. I love the details on these patterns and I also love that they have been put into PDF files and are now available to everyone.


There were three little girls in the pool Saturday morning . . .

which meant that there were three nightgowns!

No comments: