Friday, July 22, 2011

End of Family Trip, Day 10, Utah again

Lynette and I arrived back in Provo from Idaho far after dark. In a move meant to drop friend Annette off at her home in a more efficient way, we actually added a half hour or more to our trip. We got to stop and watch a train, a very long train, make it's way west towards Nevada. It was one of those stops where you open the windows, turn the car off, and hope for the best.

The next morning found me in "close down the townhouse" mode. There were sheets to wash, a kitchen to clean, and floors to sweep and vacuum as well as packing to do and 4th of July decor to pack away.

Mid-morning I got a text telling me of an impromptu birthday celebration for one of my favorite people, Ruby. Now I had something to look forward to.

We were to meet in Draper at the Airborne Trampoline Center. Rain was threatening the original park plan and this seemed like a fun option for all the "older" kids as well. Usually when I think of Airborne I am thinking of this. I swear it really works, just drop a tablet in your favorite orange juice when you feel a cold coming on.

Ruby's was celebrating early so that all the gathered family could join her. Isn't her birthday 'cake' genius. Grandpa stopped at Krispy Kreme on the way to Draper and picked up three dozen Kremes which included a dozen of Ruby's favorite, maple glazed.

Ruby, soon to be 2nd grader and great reader, has been reading "Little House on the Prairie" this summer. I bought her "Little House in the Big Woods" for her birthday.

Remember the shopping trip to the doll store on Day 2? Good thing I had purchased her gift early, pioneer style clothes, so her American Girl dolls could dress as Laura.

I think Sadie was a bit miffed with Ruby getting all the attention and gifts, with hands on hips and all. Good thing her birthday will be here soon.

It was a fun way to end a great vacation trip! The next day we drove home to hot Arizona where they had experienced this.


There was a lot of cleaning up to do once we got home.

1 comment:

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Great post. Thanks for being there for Ruby!