Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Never wear your swimsuit in public

At what point did I decide that I could no longer wear a swimsuit in public? I can't even remember for certain, but I do know that now I hide behind the grandchildren fully dressed when at the public pool. Before she left, Janae took this picture of my favorite little people in all their cuteness. The only ones missing from this picture are the two new babies. Janae had them line up by age. Not quite stair steps, but they are definitely water lovers!

Grandma's pool doesn't quite cut it anymore. No high dives, spiraling slides, or splashy water park equipment to hold their interest. The moms like the public pool because there are life guards to help watch the little water nymphs. Janae thought it was time I tagged along to see the great skills they had honed over a summer of water play and I was impressed. Six year old Ruby learned that sometimes height is everything as four year old Raymond jumped off the high dive and she was turned away. I was still impressed with her head first dives and somersaults into the water from the low dive. They have all found their gills and they cavort under the water!

Sometimes a Konfidence Jacket helps out a bit. I think that the grownups enjoyed the variety as well.

Janae was right in line for her turn.

Emilia also joined us for an afternoon of wetness and cute kids.

Sometimes you just need a snack and a good friend.

I would have been a lot more comfortable in a swimsuit. Thank goodness I have my own private pool in the backyard. I seriously don't know how people survive a hot Arizona summer without pool time!

2 comments:

j said...

I loved spending time with my nieces and nephews. Cute Sadie was my baby that afternoon. She kept asking me for water and bathroom. Such a cutie. I don't look good on that picture but it's a great picture to record that fun day. Regarding your swimsuit Laurel, I'm embarrassed myself to wear my own in public. Miss when I was a kid when I didn't need to think about anything but have fun. But anyways, I always think you are such a great grandmother and I'm already proud of the grandma my future children will have.

Vagabond Mother said...

I had all my embarrassment beat out of me when I moved to the Caribbean. Maybe you should move here too.

P.S. You really should order a new swimsuit from that company, alwaysforme.com.

Thanks for coming to the pool, that was such a great day for me.