Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Brazilian Beauties

Glen asked that I snap a picture of this plant from Brazil while it was in bloom. He has been very patient while waiting for these pink beauties.

This Brazilian beauty arrived in Mesa a couple of weeks ago. Isabella is the sister of our own beautiful Emilia. Today she was married in the Mesa Arizona Temple to Issac who has been patiently waiting. The story of how they met involves Emilia and she can best tell it!

The weather was lovely when they entered the temple this morning. Unfortunately it was cold, windy, and rainy when they exited in early afternoon; another wrinkle to their unique love story. We were bemoaning the weather in the lobby while waiting for the bride and groom when a lady stopped, looked at us and said, "My son was married last summer when it was 115 degrees. Count your blessings!"

I think that an umbrella as a prop makes for a cute picture!

Family gathered around as I snapped away.





It was a gathering of umbrellas and a wonderful day in a spite of the weather!

2 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

Beautiful! How exciting for Emilia! I really do like the umbrella, it makes the pictures fun!

j said...

Laurel,
Thanks for taking those pictures!!!! It was so good to have you and Glen there. I love the pictures but the rain ... oh rain ... Anyways, I'm so happy my sister is here and my mom could make it. Thanks for coming and for posting those pictures : )I'm gonna grab some lololo