Saturday, December 19, 2009

A lull in the storm. . .

This week was a time for cleaning, Christmas decorating, shopping, and wrapping. Emelia spent Monday afternoon helping me to deep clean. Look what we found under the furniture. Can you tell that little boys were in the house? It's been quiet, almost too quiet.

The bedrooms have been laundered and cleaned in preparation for our next house guests, my sister, Lynette and her family who arrive tomorrow. There are two family weddings over the next two weeks with Christmas sandwiched in the middle. Niece Lisa will wed in the Mesa Arizona Temple on December 22 and nephew Kyle will wed in the San Diego Temple on January 2. Busy, good times!

There has also been a bit of gardening. I just love my window box this winter. I am really enjoying this mix of petunias and stock. The stock smells amazing in the house when I open the window.

And here is the winter garden. Plenty of greens and the broccoli is coming along nicely. I kept the tomatoes on the basketball court this year (more sun), and we've had a few cherry tomatoes. Highs have been in the 70's this week, so hopefully some more fruit will set.

That's been my sort of quiet week. Now let the parties begin!

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

Your garden looks so great and tasty.

We have missed you too. Henry missed you so much that he took his diaper off and pooped on the floor. I think he wants to be potty trained.

Hope you have fun with all of your guests!!