Friday, September 4, 2009

Chocolate addiction

This night blooming chocolate plant resides in my backyard. During the night while I sleep, the blooms open so that I might get a whiff of chocolate the next morning as I swim laps. You see, it resides at the end of the lap lane, just waiting for my nose while giving me the courage to go on. I get the smell without the calories.

I challenged Glen sometime back to give up his nightly ice cream habit. I told him that if he could do just that one thing, he would lose some weight. Guess what, he did and he has, some thirty pounds worth (he's also trying to create a new walking habit.)

Last week, I decided to challenge myself. If Sadie can give up her binkies, surely I can give up my chocolate binges. When the peanut M&M's were gone, that was it! I bragged at the office on Tuesday that I had been chocolate free for a week. A day or so later I realize that I lied.

Saturday, after the adult meeting for stake conference, our ward adults met at a home for an ice cream social. Glen and I furnished the chocolate ice cream which we did not eat. I however indulged in a scoop of vanilla with homemade HOT FUDGE sauce and fresh raspberries AND a small one of those condensed milk-chocolate-coconut bar things.

So I guess that come tomorrow, I am officially one week chocolate free. Now my dilemma, do I make brownies to go with the ice cream tonight when we feed the missionaries?!

No comments: