Saturday, September 6, 2008

Odds and Ends

I've realized that I didn't post anything after the 10th during August. Then it hit me, that was about the time we met with Glen's doctor. I think he pushed a worry button that has somewhat immobilized me. I've had a hard time keeping myself on task in many ways. Now after more tests, we meet with the doctor again on Tuesday, Sept. 9th to find out the results. If you so choose, please include Glen in your fast and prayers tomorrow.

I also didn't acknowledge Eric's & Susan's 11th anniversary as planned on this blog. We did watch the fireworks from the lawn on Aug. 30th. We decided that it was in honor of them, not just a delayed celebration of the 4th of July by Central Christian. Just the same, congratulations on 11 years and most important, 3 beautiful children whom I love with all my heart!

After the grandkids sleepover on Labor Day, we drove north of Cave Creek to enjoy a Brazilian BBQ hosted by Ryan and Emilia. Thank you for inviting us to this lovely place. Who knew that snaking through the desert is a ribbon of green with flowing water! The food was great, it was fun to meet more of your friends while visiting under the sycamore trees, and what a beautiful day for a drive.

5 comments:

Avis La Fin said...

Laurel,
I shared your blog with my sister. It brought her comfort to know that she's not alone in what she's been going through. When her husband was doing his physical for his mission application, he flunked the treadmill test--the standard one and the more expensive nuke one. Then, he got the call that he needs to see a cardiologist immediately because they found something. So, she has been a basket case as well. We don't always know why we go through some things, but your blog strengthened my sister. They go in this morning for their appointment. I love you. You're such an inspiration to me--all your talents and your work on your grandchildren's behalf. I think you're truly an elect lady. I hope all goes well tomorrow for Glen. Julie

Vagabond Mother said...

We fasted for him and we love him!

Laurel said...

Thank you!

Susan said...

Thanks for having us over for fireworks - it was fun. It made for a nice, low-key anniversary - and it wasn't even THAT hot. Amazing.

We hope all goes well for Glen tomorrow. We have been praying for him, and I believe Eric fasted for him as well. My doctors won't let me fast, but he is in my thoughts and prayers.

Christy/Mom said...

Laurel,
We will have Glen in our prayers tonight, and check with DAve tomorrow to find out whatever information you hear. Of course, everyone is concerned, and I hope for positive news. I have been sidetracked with Troy's news, but are hearts are with you. Hang in there and give Glen our best.
Christy