Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sometimes you pay too much to be happy

When I found this chandelier with its elongated form and a perfect fit for our rectangular cove over our rectangular dining table, I was ecstatic - even though I felt it was overpriced. Still do. But it was the perfect thing for the space. I refused to buy the shades offered by the same company, also overpriced. I went to Lowe's and found the gold checked shades marked down to half price. All eight were the same price as just one of the above red shades. A deal. As you can see from the picture, that was not the end of the story. Every time I turned on this light I thought, "I wonder how the red shades would have looked in this room." Sometimes I would voice my thoughts. Glen would say, "Go order the shades right now." After several months of "I can't pay that much for lamp shades!", I put on the patriotic table cloth for the season. It needed red shades. They arrived yesterday, and yes, they are overpriced. I even think that the Lowe's shades are better quality, but I am so happy! They look like they belong.

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

I like them! I thought to check as you said you might post a picture. I'm sure they weren't as overpriced as gasoline. . . or were they?

SO SO SO much better in the dining area with the new lighting. Good job, Mom!