Monday, June 16, 2008

Our Dancing Queen

It was a great time watching Ruby light up the stage at her dance recital. It was a big affair, perhaps bigger than her parents had imagined, but Ruby loved her costume, moment in the spotlight, and flowers. We loved Ruby.
Her family was proud.
Her grandmas were proud.
Her neighbor Ella was proud.
And Sadie had fun dancing "in the aisles" so to speak.

There were dancers of all ages, lots of dancers. It looked like it was big business. The venue was the Queen Creek Center for the Arts. Programs were $7 and one could also buy commemorative clothing and other keepsakes. The kids demonstrated lots of talent, but I couldn't help wondering about the costumes becoming skimpier and skimpier and the moves more suggestive as the dancers got older. Things have changed since my dancing days, not that I ever had any talent, but I do remember a step or two from my Sugar City dancing days. I just feel like kids are losing their childhood innocence too quickly these days.

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

Sadie looks so cute! I bet Ruby did really well- it must have been so entertaining.