Thursday, April 10, 2008

New blooms of the week

Look what is new in the garden. Lovely pink trumpet shaped flowers on the bower vine.
My very first iris bloom, EVER! The Wimmers shared bulbs with me in Fall 2006. Patience on my part is represented right here for your viewing. The Wimmers had labeled each bulb. This one was called "Smoke Rings."
Heather and Ruby (with help from Grandpa Glen and Daddy Dave) planted seeds sometime ago in the new blue pots on the pool steps. The nastursuims have finally shown their true colors.
These daisies have appeared in the large blue pots. I didn't plant any this year because they took over their pots last year, aggressive little buggers. I guess they spewed a few seeds before I yanked them out.
The pomegranate tree is also in full bloom now. So pretty and even cheerful.

1 comment:

Vagabond Mother said...

This makes me want to plant some flowers! Maybe when you come up? It still gets pretty could (snowing) but the high is supposed to be 80 on Monday! Utah always skips spring and fall!

As for my tooth, it still smarted every time my heart rate went up and I just reached the end of my line yesterday when it started throbbing. The oral surgeon said either yesterday or in 3 weeks, and I couldn't wait that long. This way I should be somewhat normal by graduation and more sane to get Andrew through his finals. What a gross five months.