Saturday, February 24, 2018

The Bird Quilt


When I first saw this bird quilt pattern by The Pattern Basket I knew that I needed to make it for my bird loving son, Ryan.  It is the perfect quilt to make from a jelly roll of fabric.


The wide array of fabric colors will make each bird a bit unique.  I loved putting those blocks together.


I used green "scatter dots" on white fabric from Bee Lori's fabric for the background.  The pattern had directions for right and left facing birds.  I used the left over strips of jelly roll fabric to make a scrappy binding.  I love the mish mash effect.


These were my two practice blocks.  They became my tribute to my son's birds Tonka and Gemma.  Amazingly their coloring mimics that in their blocks.  Fun  quilt to make!  I understand that it is a pretty popular quilt to cozy under at my son's house.

No comments: