Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Author signings


I enjoyed two author presentations and signings last month.  David Wiesner was the presenter at the Provo Book Festival.


I purchased his book, Mr. Wuffles, for my grandson's birthday.  I thought he would enjoy it as it had a cat and he has a cat.  There were also aliens and flying saucers.


This was a Caldecott Honor Book in 2014.  David Wiesner has received several Caldcott awards for his picture books which he illustrates as well as writes.  It was a wonderful evening.


Later in the month I traveled to the King's English in Salt Lake City to see Susan Branch in person.


She also writes and illustrates her own books but they are for adults and enjoyed by others who are mostly like me!  Did I mention that there were several quilters in line.  She started with illustrated cookbooks.  Her last three books have been her life story.  She is one of a kind!  I, of course, had her sign all three of her lastest books as well as the first cookbook I ever bought, Christmas from the Heart of the Home.  I loved that cookbook with its charming quotes, beautiful paintings, and excellent recipes.  It made my Christmas 25 years ago.  It is always fun to meet someone you have admired from afar.

No comments: