Friday, January 22, 2016

Gingham baby quilt for Kay



Sometimes we make items because the person who should be making them is no longer with us.  Baby Kay, named after her grandmother, will be the recipient of this quilt in honor of Grandma Kay who sewed some beautiful quilts for my granddaughters before leaving us too soon.


When Lori Holt shared her gingham block in her Farm Girl Vintage book, I just knew I had to make some.  I knew they would make a lovely baby crib size quilt for little Kaye.


I used mostly Fresh Aire by American Jane for the colorful parts and various dot fabrics for the white.  The gray and pink florals were special additions.


The back is the tiny Fresh Aire gingham fabric in blue.  This tiny gingham design in different colors was used in each block.


I machine quilted in a diagonal cross hatch and the squares are about one inch.


This is how it looked after a wash and a dry.


Now it is ready for delivery to a sweet baby girl in honor of her grandma.

No comments: