Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Sadie with the blue dress, blue dress on. . .

It seems that I have begun another family birthday tradition. My hand smocked birthday dresses are usually delivered about a month or more after the actual birth date. I continue to underestimate the amount of time it takes me to complete things.

Sadie, however, as been most understanding. Her only requirement was that it be "blue" because that is her favorite color. I loved this pattern with the opening in front.

It is smocked on the back as well, just perfect for a little girl with curly, short brown hair!

And, of course, her doll got a matching dress. I had to be creative in making a dress for a Cabbage Patch doll. I had an old dropped waist pattern from Janae's Cabbage Patch doll days that I adapted and added smocking to gather the skirt and sleeves.

Next up - Julianna's birthday dress which will be all white for her special day at the temple. There will also be an all white dress for Heather to wear to the temple and to her baptism. Special times!

Note to Nate: Please come fix my computer. Whatever you did with Word last weekend has left me unable to access my files or use Photo Editor. I love you anyway!

2 comments:

j said...

Can I be on the list for an outfit like that too?? lololo If that is possible, sign me up : ) I loved Sadie's dress and she looks so cute on it. Good job Laurel. I can't wait to see Julianna's and Heather's.

Christy/Mom said...

This dress is amazing! Seriously, how are you so talented!! It helps to have our cute Sadie in it.