Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Special delivery

Even though the temperature was 114 degrees today, it was time to make some special deliveries. I finally finished Ruby's birthday dress. She was kind enough to go fetch her doll so that they could be photographed together in their matching dresses.

Don't they look lovely with their yellow dresses and beautiful blond locks? They are very patient waiting several weeks past the big birthday.

I like the way the piping detail makes its way around back as well. I made the piping from contrasting fabric. I attempted to demonstrate a bit of sash tying 101 to Sally before I left. The magazine included a photo tutorial which was very helpful.

As my eyes age, it is becoming a tad more challenging to make all those little stitches, but is still worth it. I have always delighted in a hand-smocked garment. . .

And a batch of home-made cookies. This batch was delivered to the church where it eventually made its way to the the men's homeless shelter. Our stake is providing them dinner each night this week. Fun deliveries!

3 comments:

j said...

That dress is so so so cuteeeee!!!! I want one : ) I loved to see Ruby match with her doll. They look so cute!!!

Vagabond Mother said...

That seriously is one of my favorites, that dress. Good work mom! The details are just so sweet, simple, and it all ties together really well- the tiny smocked flowers with the tiny flowers on the fabric.

Ruby and her doll look pretty cute too!

See you tomorrow!

Susan said...

Ruby and her doll both look adorable. Heather's dress is headed to the cleaner's - when we get it back, we'll take a picture of her and her doll. Soo cute!

Oh, those reverse chocolate chip cookies are making me drool. Yum.

Have fun in California!