Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Note to Christy

I must share the following before I forget. Being a three day weekend, we are currently enjoying a "Grandkids Sleepover." I had the following experience while tucking Ruby into bed.

"Goodnight Ruby, it's time to go to sleep."

"I need to go home now. I just miss my mom so much. I can't sleep here."

"But Ruby, you have stayed overnight before and you had fun and were happy."

"I must love my mom more now than I did then because I just can't stay here 'til morning because I love her so much!"

"Ruby, I love you just about as much as your mom loves you. You know that I love you and want you to be happy at my house. Please try to go to sleep."

"Okay."

Thirty or so seconds later . . .

"Grandma Laurel, you know, I think that I might love Grandma Christy more than my mom and dad and you."

2 comments:

Vagabond Mother said...

Ruby sure does know how to put it into words. . .

Christy/Mom said...

OH wow!!! That makes up for all the "fat" comments and "funny clothes" comments. I am such a push over---I wonder if I will get tougher when these little girls are older. They know I'm a softy! What a cute G and G you are for having a sleep over. You guys are great!!