Friday, December 21, 2007

She is the reason for the tree. . .

Happy 32nd birthday Susan. I hope that your day is special and not too taken up with the making of donuts. We probably should have celebrated your birthday on Nutcracker day.

You are the reason for the fancier tree gracing the living room for the past 10 years. When you married Eric and we planned an open house for you in Arizona during Thanksgiving break, I decided that a decorated tree in the living room would be the perfect place to put your wedding gifts. I made a special trip to Michael's to find a few things in cream, gold, and white with which to decorate the tree and the house. I remember that Pam helped me to decorate and prepare the tree. If you look close, you will see the little cupids and there are few heart shaped ornaments. After the death of my mother, I started collecting the Humel ornaments in memory of her. So, Susan, we have been celebrating your birthday for 10 years in our family, but most of all, we are just so happy to have you as a part of the family. Happy Birthday!

(By the way, does anyone know a simple way to make pictures stand upright using this program:)

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks, Laurel, for the well wishes and the fun gifts. I really did have fun making donuts on my birthday!

You have the the photos in Picasa - if you're using Picasa. After they have downloaded, scroll through the pictures and rotate them. Then, they should show up properly in Blogger.