Friday, December 14, 2007

The Red Door


I have always wanted a red door. This will not surprise anyone who knows me well. I drive a red car, pick out red clothes, eat off red dishes, and sprinkle red accents all over the house. Last summer Andrew helped me paint a very tired 20 year-old wooden front door red. Really red, no muted down barn door red, but as Ryan would say, "They can probably spot that red door from outer space" red. With new hardware, this door is quite smashing and might I even say, "Welcoming." Such a door needed a new wreath, one which cried out to be hung on a red door. It cried out to me at Target, only cost $25, for which I paid full price, and now graces the front door. If anyone can remember, with fondness, one of the old wreaths which used to grace the old, tired door, you are welcome to ask for them. They can be yours.

Janae and her family are on their way for a nice, long visit even as I write. I hope that the door shouts out "WELCOME."

2 comments:

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Love the new wreath and the red door. It is very welcoming.

Vagabond Mother said...

Even though we were asleep when we showed up, I noticed the fun wreath right away- I also noticed the sofas and sink! The tired house doesn't look so tired anymore! That's good, because I am!