Tuesday, December 18, 2007

The reason for the season. . .

When I was the librarian at Augusta Ranch Elementary, I had an aide who would always wear her t-shirt this time of year that read, "Jesus, the Reason for the Season." She was an older lady whom I greatly admired for her goodness and generosity. I have always tried to designate a special place for Christ in our Christmas decorating. The living room holds the nativity collection. Our first nativity was the one with the blue cloth. It was made by Glen's mother, Elma and presented to us early in our married life and is still our favorite. The nativity with the red cloth was brought home to me from Peru by David.

The nativities have spilled out onto the other bookshelves in the room. We put books in boxes (which go under the tree) to make room for them.

I painted this wooden nativity years ago so that my children would have a nativity with which to play. This year instead of buying a nativity, Glen and I found a beautiful framed glicee print of Mary and her baby by Bloch at the Distribution Center in Orem to hang on the wall. We save the Santa things and stockings for the family room.

1 comment:

Cire said...

Thanks for the pics - I remember spending lots of time starting at those ceramic nativity sets!